Thursday, October 15, 2015

3D Character and Environment Design for Animation

Production

After successfully completing imaging process of my character, now it’s to be moved on to the MAYA 3D modelling ware. The Jpeg file that is imaged from Ai are attached on the grids in MAYA. Then polygons were used to model and adjust the shapes with the help of scale and move tools. The polygons are selected according to edge, vertex, face and multi on most of the time during this process.


First in modelling my character, I started from the hat by using the cylinder polygon. It were scaled and the edges were dragged to fit the reference image of Ah Soon.




Moving to the next one, I started with the body by modelling cylinder polygon too. The process were the same as how the hat were modelled.





To make a perfect and equal character, I decided to make one side of the character first. To make it as a full body, I reflected it by using mirror tool.


After finishing the body modelling, I moved on to model the leg with the boots. The leg were modelled from hip to knee then the boot were modelled by remodelling the sphere and cylinder polygon.












Then the upper part of leg merged with the boot by using vertex merging tool. Before merging them into one part, both object were selected and combined in mesh tool.






Next, was the head. Sphere polygon tool were used for the head. Edges were realigned and dragged to fit the Ah Soon character.







After modelling the head, body, leg, and boot, all those parts were combined by mesh tool.













 Next on my modelling process was the details such as face. Eyes and mouth were modelled by using the box polygon tool. Vertexes and edges were adjusted to get such a shape as an eye. Then for the other eye, it was reflected too. The mouth were modelled by extruding the polygon face in to create a mouth shape.





This modelling task is a challenging task for me and I have not completed yet. This task has helped me in improving my skills of modelling a 3D character. Moreover, the basic skills that I learnt from the previous semester were helpful too.









































No comments:

Post a Comment