Wednesday, April 22, 2015

3D Modelling For Object and Environment

Building An Environment 
(Progress for week 4+5)




After going through on creating an environment, I was not satisfied with my architecture state so I made a new architecture for my Environment Building in Maya. This, i have made a house by creating some space at the side as the garden, doors, windows and some additional objects for the environment. Now it is time for to play with colors too. Adding colors is by 'right clicking' after selecting an object, then go to the ' Assign new material '. Coloring process seems to be very interesting in Maya and in addition, assigning texture for the object are also available. I have not tried in texturing object (bump map). This time, with my basic knowledge in Maya, i have done a which is not in a greater quality but it is work as for a beginner of Maya.

First of all, on the grid, i started on making a simple round headed tree on the grid, again with the use of polygon tool, i started making cubes for the house and adding one by one for the other structures.









Other than just making an environment, some keyboard shortcuts are introduced as well. For duplicating the trees, I learnt that it's a "control + 'D' ". After that i used the moving tool to place those trees at the corner of the environment as I wanted. Now starting for the house with a cube polygon. Then scaling tool were helpful for me to scale the house to big or small size. 



After positioning my house securely, once more the polygon tool to make the roof top and the porch part for my house. To make additional phase on the house, I increased the subdivisions on the polygons. This helped me to explore doing work in Maya in a better way such as a professional user.







After going through these process, I have learnt to make objects in Maya better than before. Now, I can at least make my own simple environment in Maya. Need to explore more in Maya. Hopefully after this i can learn more on bump map...


No comments:

Post a Comment