Monday, June 1, 2015

3D Modelling For Object and Environment

Animation- Transportation

After learning to model a simple character, the next task from the module leader is to make a vehicle.
 This is to include it into the environment that we have done.

1.After attaching the JPEG file to the grid of my scene, I started with the polygon tool to make a half of the bus first.




2.After modelling half of my bus, I use the edges and vertex to drag all the point to created a perfect shape of the bus like exactly how i wanted.





 3.After being satisfied of my bus's shape, i started to work on my bus's side mirror. The procedure was : I extruded a face at side of the bus. Then using subdivision tools, i make more edges. Then i move the edges and point (Vertex) until i get perfect shape of the side mirror.




 4. Then I deleted unwanted part of the other side of the bus. This is because, it will never merge when I use the mirror tool if the surface is fully closed. It need some vertex points to merge together.




 5. After that, I use the mirror tool to merge the other part of the bus with the existing part. After merging it, the bus looks perfect as a real bus.



7. Then without wasting time, I delete some surface to make it as the window. This method repeated for other part of the bus's window.



Modelling is not easy but it is not impossible if we use to explore new tools in Maya. Many more tools that I need to experience using them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment