Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Critical Thinking

Task 3

 Navigate Me !

Task : Create a Directional Map base on typographic elements showing the direction the said / planned destination. Incorporation of visual images besides typographic elements is strictly prohibited.


During the weekend,I spent my time at my relative's house at  Jalan Bukit Belimbing, Ladang Bukit Talang (River Side Estate), Kuala Selangor. On Saturday morning, I headed to the nearest Seven Eleven shop to get my Airtime Prepaid. On my way to Seven Eleven, there are few shop along the journey.


The Map to the nearest Seven Eleven




The road trip to the Seven Eleven is about a 5.8 Km distance from my relative's house. On the way to Seven Eleven, there are a Mini Mart, a Mosque, a 24 hours Operating Clinic, a new neighbourhood housing construction, a big Tyre Shop and a Market.

The navigation to a particular area should be clear, so that the person who need to be navigated are not confused and corner at a dead end. As a reflection from this, I had learnt on how helpful the combination of map and typography are to somebody. The typographic elements gives additional information in a map for the direction to a particular area.

Development on the Map (Navigate Me)


sketch of the Map after surveying the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment